my kickin’ green bean casserole
Posted November 26, 2008on:
- In: NaBloPoMo
- Comments Off on my kickin’ green bean casserole
In honor of excessive feasting on the morrow, and for future reference, here is my easy, though not terribly exact, recipe for green bean casserole.
My Kickin’ Green Bean Casserole
- 1 bag (18 oz or so) of frozen french cut green beans, thawed (must be french cut!)
- 1 drained can of corn (or frozen, if you like)
- 1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup (I prefer Campbell’s for this, rather than generic)
- 3/4 (or so) cup of milk
- 2/3 cup french fried onions, plus another 2/3 cup for topping
- salt and pepper to taste, add a little extra pepper, go on
So, mix it all, except the topping, and bake it. 350 for about half an hour. Then top with the rest of the onions, and brown them for about five minutes.
Yeah, it’s pretty basic, but the texture of the french cut green beans and the addition of the corn TOTALLY make it awesome. I’ll be making a double batch tomorrow to take to dinner. (With the In-Town inlaws; my father-in-law is still in the hospital, but doing well enough that they’re talking about releasing him soon. Things to be grateful for.)